- Exercising is essential for good health, especially today, where this pandemic has come to require us to have impeccable health yes or yes.
- We know that several people started running due to the pandemic, to all of them we say: welcome! and that they add many kilometers to their account, but we also have to talk about another situation that is more than common in the world of running, even in any sport, and it is about those runners who have been exercising for a long time and who suddenly seem not to they have more desire to continue. Has it happened to you?
- Running is life, freedom, happiness. According to our followers, who have told us what training this sport means for them, the reality is that running is a practically “simple” activity that most people can do just by wearing some tennis shoes and going for miles, but have you ever felt like throwing in the towel?
- We would like to tell you that that simply does not happen and that you will be fully motivated all your life, but those moments where you want to give up are more common than you imagine.
- Yes, it is normal and many runners, even very experienced ones, it happens. Suddenly all that desire to run disappears from one day to the next, the question here is: what can I do?
- The first thing is to identify the cause of your refusal to run to start from there and be able to find a solution, these may be the most common causes:
It is normal to feel tired or have some muscle fatigue due to the sports load that we print on each training, that can lead to unhappiness of our sport after a period of time.
Something that can help you with this “problem” is to give yourself a few days off, lower the level of training, or in some cases stop for several months. This serves to be able to do a reset and decide if you really want to continue running or it is better to stay paused. The mind is very powerful, and even if our body says YES, if our head is having difficulties, it might be best to stop.
Sometimes the worries in our head are so many that they reach our training hour. If the time comes when running no longer even allows you to disconnect, it is best to do a different activity, at least as long as you give yourself time to fix those loose ends.
-HAS BECOME AN OBLIGATION:
When you demand too much of yourself, this point can happen. Yes, it is fine to have clear goals and work hard to achieve them, but if a part of your being is no longer enjoying 100%, it would be best to take a break. You have to identify when there is something that does us good in an aspect of our lives, but out of nowhere it begins to turn into something harmful.
-You HAVE NO OTHER OBJECTIVE:
Also demotivation can appear when you set a goal, you achieve it and you no longer have a continuation plan, since it can make you feel like you are stuck. Give your body and mind that break to put your ideas in order so that you can return to normality.
If going out for a run is no longer fun, it is best to give yourself a break to resume later on, however, if your problem lies more in the motivation aspect, here are 10 reasons that can help you keep running in 2021.
1. IT’S FUN
You cannot deny that running changes your mood. Yes, sometimes our minds play against us, but running is extremely fun, or don’t you remember when you were a kid and you ran everywhere?
2. HELPS YOU STAY IN SHAPE
You know that in the current situation we are in we need a balance in our health, so running can help you stay in shape.
3. YOU ARE MORE MOTIVATED AND HAPPY
It’s true, after a training session you will feel more confident and motivated, because you can do it!
4. YOU KNOW PEOPLE
Perhaps the current situation does not allow us to interact as before, but surely through social networks you can meet runners related to you.
5. GIVES YOU THE FEELING OF FREEDOM
Many of our runners mentioned the word freedom associated with running, and it’s true. Running allows you to be free and discover new places.
6. HELPS YOU WITH CREATIVITY
Has it ever happened to you that sometimes you can’t focus on something? Unlike other sports, running allows you to imagine and think many things, promoting your creativity.
7. IT ALLOWS YOU TO KNOW PLACES
There is no better way to see new places than running, right?
8. IT IS EXCELLENT ALSO FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
By being able to have a space just for you and your thoughts, running allows you to improve that connection with yourself.
9. IT IS A VERY NOBLE SPORT
Noble, inexpensive and very beneficial, what more can we ask for?
10. IT IS RELATIVELY CHEAPER THAN OTHER PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
As time goes by, you may need to invest a little money so as not to injure yourself or enjoy a career, but to start you just need to be motivated.
When you think about giving up or throwing in the towel, think about everything you have advanced, each goal you have met and the places that your steps have helped you to know, to keep running in 2021!