For Epic, it is essential to continue updating Fortnite to stay ahead of games like Apex Legends , by Electronic Arts, and precisely those continuous updates with improvements, content and challenges (the weekly ones that we show you how to achieve) are what keeps a very alive game that is on the way to two years.
Next, we tell you all the news of the 8.40 update of Fortnite , and we start with the new game mode that brings back the Storm-X4.
New to Fortnite update 8.40 is the new limited-time mode. It is a Master Navigator, a way in which you have to “catch” an X-4 Stormwing and fight in the air while we complete missions to get new wrappings.
- Master Navigator is a duet-only mode.
- Each plane has 3 lives and players will respawn until they lose the last life of the plane.
- Players who touch the ground will be eliminated instantly.
- The plane will explode if you park more than a few seconds, you have to stay in the air!
- Stealing the other team’s plane will add a life to the thief’s plane (and it will cost a team that lost the plane a life).
- The storm has a ceiling that will gradually lower during the game. Be careful not to fly too high!
- There will be loot chests of five different rarities falling from the sky, so players will be able to upgrade the weapons they carry and upgrade their aircraft’s weapons for a short time. To receive the contents of a chest you just have to fly through them.
- If players receive loot from a chest containing a weapon of the same or worse quality than they already have, then they will receive additional ammunition. Chests with higher quality weapons will automatically replace the lowest quality weapon they carry.
- There will also be floating repair tools that will increase the health of damaged aircraft and give players health and shields.
Another novelty is the new infantry rifle. Good ” new ”, since it is the usual rifle that has two new rarities. It is a very precise semi-automatic weapon that now has epic and legendary variants.
Another new game mode is Food War. Two teams, one on each side of the map. A great barrier in the middle. From the ground, the lava does not stop rising. Build a fort to protect your restaurant’s pet. When the barrier comes down, take down the rival pet and take out the remaining enemies to win the game!
- An impenetrable barrier will appear in the center of the map for the first few minutes. The lava will begin to rise below the map a few minutes after the game begins.
- Each team will have a restaurant under construction near the center of the map. Inside is a gigantic pet head that represents that team.
- If the pet’s head is destroyed, the team loses the ability to respawn upon removal.
- Players must take advantage of the time the barrier is up to build a defensive fortress around the restaurant.
- As soon as the barrier drops, fight to finish off your pet before they destroy yours!
- Deliveries of special red supplies will appear early in the game. In them you will find a lot of weapons, ammunition, consumables, traps and a few metal building materials.
- Players will respawn after being eliminated, conserve inventory, and lose some ammo and resources.
- By collecting you get 100% additional resources.
- Building materials found in the ground have been increased from 30 to 50 per accumulation.
- In this mode there are no weapons or explosive objects.
- Every second, players receive a small amount of building materials.
- Restaurants are now much higher, so players will have to build at that level.
All the news from Fortnite: Battle Royale
Next, we leave you all the settings of update 8.40 of Fortnite Battle Royale :
- Now you can pet the dog … and other pets!
- Battle Pass Friend’s PE bonus has been improved! Instead of each friend in the group having a small PE bonus, players will now get a higher PE bonus for being in a group with one or more friends.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Season 8 trailer not to play.
- Fixed a bug that caused the embers of surrounding campfires to remain active if the ground to which they were attached was destroyed.
- Fixed a bug that caused coconuts to be unmarked.
- Fixed a bug that caused the turbo build to stop if it ran out of material at the time.
- Fixed a bug that made it difficult to see traps placed inside walls.
- Fixed a bug with traps that were unevenly placed when automatically placed.
- Fixed a bug with “gestures” not playing if linked to certain keys.
- Fixed a bug when using “Repeat Last Gesture” before using any other gesture, and now it plays the gesture that is in the default space.
- New Tournament – April 20-21: Week 2 of the Fortnite World Cup Online Qualifiers ($ 1 million in prizes!)
- The best from each server region will qualify for the Fortnite World Cup final in New York.
- Ranking holes for Fortnite World Cup have been added to the starting prizes of online qualifying tournaments.
- Visual improvements have been made to the room panel during online qualifier tournaments.
- Anonymous mode operation in tournaments has been updated to enhance the spectator experience while protecting streamers. When a player is eliminated, their name will appear in the elimination information. When a player kills an opponent, their name will only appear for the removed player.
- The maximum aspect ratio for the screen can no longer be greater than 16: 9.
- A performance regression that occurred on PCs with CPUs less than quad-core has been resolved. If you are still experiencing performance issues on your PC, try adding the “norhithread” parameter manually in the Fortnite settings on the Epic Games platform.
ART AND ANIMATIONS
- The size and intensity of the explosive effects of the explosive arc have been increased to better represent the damage radius.
- The cooldown attenuation of the reset van and the loop surround sound of the reset chip have been adjusted so it doesn’t sound that loud.
- Fixed a bug that caused shotgun equip sounds to sometimes not play.
- Imitator! Now, if you are looking at another player who makes a gesture that you have when taking out the gesture wheel, an option appears so that you can do the same gesture.
- Now when the HUD elements are hidden in the options, some are put together to free up a bit of the space they used to occupy, such as the minimap.
- There is now an option in the HUD UI to hide vehicle control tracks.
- The limited-time mode victory screen no longer leaves your site on mobile or Switch.
- Fixed a bug that caused drone speed to not save when moving forward or backward.
- Fixed a bug that caused a rewind forward or rewind with the attached drone camera to fall behind.
- Pin controls have been updated to default and custom HUDs have been updated. The bowling pin controls can be adjusted in the HUD layout tool for players who customize it.
- Audiovisual trigger indicators will no longer be displayed for players in the same vehicle.
- Fixed a bug that caused the app icon on Android to not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug with voice chat that occurred when in Spectator mode. Also, the push to talk button is no longer hidden in spectator mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused Auto Run mode to not activate on vehicles.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reset card description to not appear.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Arena summary dashboard to not display.
- Fixed a bug that caused the FPS counter to display twice.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the weapons icon to not display in the Quick Access Bar for inventory.
- Fixed a bug that caused textures to appear stretched on Creative Islands.
- Fixed a bug that caused a tic to be displayed on certain vehicle commands.
- Fixed a bug that caused a second storm wall to appear in the desert biome during the storm’s first advance.
- Fixed a bug that caused some chests to be unable to open.
- Fixed a bug with weak wifi signals causing the game to stop and cause disconnections.
Fortnite 8.40 Update in Creative Mode
In addition to the novelties of the Batle Royale mode, Epic has detailed in its blog the novelties of the Creative Mode in which we can give free rein to the imagination. In addition to a new explosive, they have added the scoreboards.
We leave you all the news of the Creative Mode of Fortnit e:
WEAPONS AND OBJECTS
- Epic and Legendary Variant Infantry Rifle They deal 42 and 44 damage respectively.
- Being in the hub, featured island portals will now appear as doors to featured games.
- The text on the portals has been simplified to show the name of the creator and the name of the island. If you go to the portal, a description of the game will be visible.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player character to be looking in the wrong direction when starting a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused games to start simultaneously on different islands when started by a player on the same server.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to deal damage to each other after the scoreboard appeared.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players joining a game in progress not seeing progressive changes to the Banana suit.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players from being able to shoot with crosshairs when participating in games.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to score as “Knocked Down” when appearing in a game in progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused reboot cards to appear incorrectly in creative games.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND PHONE
- Fixed a bug that caused a bright blue light to appear when copying and pasting objects with the Phone.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to access Build Mode with the Phone equipped while using Controller.
- Known bug: Erase sound effect plays twice when deleting an object.
- Car Gallery A has been updated with a Sub, Arctic Sub, and Helicopter.
- The jungle temple elements gallery has been updated with 3 different size moai statues.
- Fixed a bug with the military mastodon that could cause the vents in the external walls to appear to be floating.
- Fixed a bug with the Military Mastodon that could cause players to accidentally fall down the stairs.
- Fixed a bug that caused Blue Military Gallery B to have some red building pieces.
- Fixed an issue that caused the collision box to be too large for some items in the Ring Gallery.
- New explosive device. When it takes damage during a game, the device will explode and damage the objects and players around it. Limit of 100 explosive devices per island.
- Creature Builder has been updated to display the radius around the device on which creatures spawn.
- Added the “Appear Through Walls” option to the Creator Builder. Disabling this option will not allow creatures to appear on the other side of the walls.
- Added the “Preferred Spawn Location” option to the Creator Builder with the “Max Ranged” options or “Random”. With the “Max. Distance” option Creatures will spawn within the maximum spawn distance limit. With the “Random” option, they will be generated at random points within the radius of appearance.
- With the following devices, deactivating the “Display” option will hide the device immediately when the game begins instead of waiting for the countdown to start.
- Fixed a bug that caused the billboard to collide incorrectly when reloading the island or copying with the creative tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Object Builder “Time Before First Occurrence” option to not work properly.
- Fixed a bug with the shooting gallery that caused players to be unable to target some targets.
- Fixed a bug with the shooting gallery that prevented hitting the target until a game had started.
- Fixed a bug with the shooting gallery that was preventing sniper rifles from registering hits on the target.
- The units of time (eg, seconds, minutes) of the options related to the practice dummy path in the shooting gallery have been clarified.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Practice Dummy’s “Proximity Range to Appear” setting to only trigger at half the correct distance.
- Fixed a bug with the billboard causing stretched textures to appear on player islands when playing on mobile devices.
- Fixed a bug that caused the character’s head to float above the cannon when trying to fly while inside one.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Capture Zone Device to have an irregular collision around the base.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Creator Builder’s destroy animation to fire even if the visibility setting was disabled.
UI, SOCIAL AND SOUND
- The “UI Settings” option is found in the “My Island” menu. It will allow you to modify various user interfaces.
- The scorecard that appears at the end of the game has been visually modified to match the new scoring options available to creators.
- Winners now receive new celebratory animations, similar to those on the Battle Royale victory screen.
- You should now be able to see the names of team members above their heads based on My Island options.
- Fixed a bug that caused trapped placed sounds to overlap and become overly loud when appearing in a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused Vehicle Destruction Sound Effects to be overly loud when appearing in a game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented favorite island codes from being removed from the featured island code list when using command.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Ascend action to display as “Unlinked” in the description when using command.
- Fixed a bug that prevented weapon ammo count from displaying as infinite when enabling infinite ammo.
- Fixed various performance and stability bugs.
Update 8.40 of Save the World
Finally, we leave you all the news of update 8.40 of the Save the World mode of Fortnite:
MISSIONS AND SYSTEMS
- Beta Storm: Test the Limits is Back! The number of gates has been increased from 4 to 6. A sequence has been added to clarify when the race begins. Watch out for the shells! Prevent them from destroying the door or you won’t be able to get the platinum badge during the race. It takes place after obtaining the gold medal.
- Fixed a bug that caused Fluorazul Siphons to be incorrectly named on the map in Resupply Base missions.
- The hero team selector panel now has a “Cancel” button.
- The “Clear All” button for the hero’s team is now available when only one gadget or team advantage has been selected.
- Fixed a bug with hero rewards showing survivor descriptions on the EP bar within the Command tab.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Manage Player” panel to display an incorrect banner and power level within the room.
- Fixed an issue that caused the item details pane to display incorrect information when quickly switching between inventory screens.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “reward icon” and “reward earned” screens to not update correctly when players skipped animation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the quest selection screen squares to be out of focus when party members level up or heroes and survivors evolved.
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes’ names to blink when using command on the hero’s team selection screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the reset menu to lose functionality when switching to a different hero while this menu was open.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Power Level Notification to not appear when a new player joined your party.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to not see the respawn button when falling from the world.
- Fixed a bug that caused looted item notification to have large spaces in text.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to jerk when accessing the Boost Menu during the game.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to jerk when opening the Arsenal tab.
- Introducing Luna Fighting Rabbit, a new Legendary Soldier! Standard Advantage: Entry with a Pair of Holes …
- Introducing Speedy Ken Hare, a new legendary ninja!
- Legendary Soldier Jonesy Rabbit Raider is back!
Fixed a bug that prevented Teddy from going on cooldown if the ability was interrupted mid-cast.
WEAPONS AND OBJECTS
- Easter Egg Launcher
- Launch egg mines that explode on contact with enemies. Maximum of 6 active eggs at a time.
- Available in the weekly store from April 18 at 02:00 CEST until April 25 at 02:00 CEST.
- Fixed a bug that caused the superprotector’s shield to not destroy cannonballs in the Santa Barbara Trap.
- The “Automatically Equip Better Items” option now equips based on power rating instead of weapon damage per second.
- The Cannon Launcher has been re-classified as a cannonball weapon, allowing you to use damage buffs from the High advantage, comrades.
ART AND ANIMATIONS
- The loading screens for storm shield defenses and quests now vary depending on the biome in which they are deployed rather than the quest.
- Fixed a large gap that could be found in some autumnal cities.
- Updated the sound the medibot makes when reviving a fallen player.
- Fixed a bug that caused game music to keep playing after skipping victory and defeat sequences.
- The volume of the nail gun weapon has been reduced to match that of other weapons.